cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

2022-09-22 Friday Humor on Thursday (

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

2022-09-22 Friday Humor on Thursday (

Have the day off tomorrow - need to split wood for the winter.

wood_pile.jpeg

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction". --Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon". --Sir John Eric Ericksen, British surgeon, appointed Surgeon- Extraordinary to Queen Victoria 1873.

19 REPLIES 19
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Done!

StephenW_0-1663850351225.gif

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Hope you have a hydraulic splitter. That looks like a 3-day weekend project to split and stack it all.

If you have to split all that wood this time every year, I imagine your Windchill or Creo version upgrades will be scheduled in another season. 😁

Marco
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Marco_Tosin)

I think he sets up the upgrades and then tells his people...OH SORRY, CAN'T BE THERE THIS WEEKEND!!! GOTTA SPLIT!!!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

... just as long as I don't have a splitting headache come Saturday night.... 

olivierlp
Community Manager

As a fellow would-be Paul Bunyan, I hear you!

olivierlp_0-1663861324187.png

Olivier
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:olivierlp)

Wow, I'm glad I live in Sub-tropical Houston where winters are usually just a little less hot!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I've been in sub-tropical Houston in December begging my brother-in-law to turn on the AC for us notherners because it was in the 80's with 90 percent humidity. At night it might dip into the high sixties and we'd go for a walk in our shorts and t-shirts while my sister-in-law might consider putting on a sweater...  🙂

In my opinion, it is the engineers' minds, always working, that produce a temperature surplus in the environment 😁

Marco
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Sounds about right! You would also be swatting at the mosquitos.

This place loses it's mind when the temp drops below freezing for a couple of hours!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Wood envy for the tarped stacks in back....

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@olivierlp is that a pet BEAR???

olivierlp
Community Manager

Aaaaw... Not a bear, But I wish. 😀   This picture was taken a few years ago (before the beard). This fur ball was a Norwich Terrier. Same dog as the contest winner in the movie "Best In Show", for the connoisseurs. We had to put her to sleep last Nov.   

Then a few weeks ago, we got another fur ball, a Cairn Terrier (like Toto of the Wizard of Oz, I think). 

But we still have have bears around!   

And I still split wood every year. I find it weirdly soothing. 

Olivier
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

... other than @TomU , can anyone recognize/name the landmark peeking over the wood pile in front of the front door?

Spoiler
You mean that Big Red Lighthouse?
StephenW
23-Emerald II

One year I bought one of these! Took several years but I finally burned through it all. I think it was mostly used for s'mores and not really for heat!

StephenW_0-1663865044373.png

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Update on the wood splitting:

What I got done on Friday (seasoned)

20220924_180154.jpg

What my adult daughter and I got done on Saturday (green):

20220924_180113.jpg

What's left to do:

20220924_180215.jpg

I hope you all had a great weekend. Great to come into work today to give the body a rest.  🙂

StephenW
23-Emerald II

My back is hurting just thinking about it.

Was 95 degrees here in houston yesterday...luckily we have a COLD front moving thru today. Uppers 80's tomorrow...Brrrrr....busting out the winter shorts!

My teenagers helped with the yardwork yesterday...

StephenW_0-1664194835906.png

You should have enough wood to do the rapid barbecue lighting tests 😁

Marco
Top Tags