cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Event Manager Not Showing Issues

llie
16-Pearl

Event Manager Not Showing Issues

All,

Have you experienced the event manager not showing information regarding failed events? This is happening randomly and is starting to occur a few times a week.

Creo Parametric 5050

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS14

PTC only has a workaround which is to rename the event folder in their cache and restart Creo, then try previously failed process. The workaround works but we need to understand why this is happening and if this is fixed in a newer build.

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:llie)

We're seeing the same issue with Creo Parametric 7.0 and Windchill 12.0.  The only solution we've found so far is to blow away the local cache as well.

ganeshkela
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

For me, it didn't  work.

Issue is - no retry options found in conflicts, as attached below,.

GK_10069219_0-1645504369925.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ganeshkela)

Certain types of errors don't offer a retry option because retrying won't fix the problem.  What kind of error message are you seeing?

ganeshkela
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Agree but for the same operation (revise), I can see the retry option in standalone windchill workspace, see below.

ganeshkela_0-1645591682617.png

What I noticed is in Creo its only "View conflict" whereas from Windchill its "Overridable conflict", I wanted to know why this difference for same set of objects + same action.

Do you have any information/hints on this ?

Thanks.

BR,

Ganesh

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ganeshkela)

Is it specific to revise events?  Might be worth opening a case with tech support.

By the way, I ran into that issue again today where the error messages weren't appearing in the event manager inside Creo.  Blowing away the 'Events' folder in the cache fixed it (for now). 

Top Tags