cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC Creo Distributed Batch

SOLVED

Re: PTC Creo Distributed Batch

Thank you i will trySmiley Happy

Just one last question, which programming language did you use here?

Martin,

How would I modify this for PDF export?

Highlighted

Hi,

you have to prepare trail file for PDF export.

Martin Hanák

Martin,

1st, Thanx for all the info you share.

Got the pdf export working. Had to replace `db_539` with `db_922` in step02_body_03.txt and add the settings I wanted beyond what was in the plot config. (see attached folder "gentrail export to pdf")

Now I'm trying to run a mapkey in similar fashion. (On multiple parts from an external list) Couldn't get the mapkey to work, so I dissected it into a trail file. It works on everything except models with family tables. any ideas? 

(see attached folder "gentrail run mapkey" and included trail file.)

Hi,

to open family table instance directly, you have to enter ft_instancename<ft_genericname>.prt name instead of ft_instancename.prt name.

Martin Hanák

I meant to open the generic by default.

Hi,

1.]

I imagined you would export the drawings into 2D PDF. It looks like you are exporting models into 3D PDF.

2.]

I would expect the assembly not to contain generic models. So why export generic models?

3.]

Tip: Create trail file for opening generic model and test if it is usable for non-generic models.

Martin Hanák

We use family tables in sub-assemblies to add a shrinkwrap of the upper level weldment assembly for use in drawings. (not the best practice but, that's what I'm dealing with)