cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Simplify Default Representation opened from Model tree

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Simplify Default Representation opened from Model tree

Hello

Using CREO2 or CREO3

I used a Default representation different from Master Rep.

(config option = open_simplified_rep_by_default = yes )

Everything is OK when I open an assembly file directly from disk.

The file is opened in its customized default rep.

If I select a sub-assembly in a model-tree and open it using RMB ( Right Mouse Button),

the system opens a panel (open Rep) where to select the simply rep.

The default Rep is NOT opened automatically.

Is it a Bug ?

Is it a regular behaviour ?

Is a config option available for this point ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:pdiletti-2)

The config settign for "open_simplified_rep_by_default = yes" means that Creo will always show the user interface pop-up to allow for the user to select a simplified rep so the master rep is not automatically opened.

If you want the "default" user defined simplified rep to always be opened by default, then change the "yes" value to be "default".

I would say you have found a bug when interacting with a Creo File not in your workspace or connected to Windchill.  If you have the value at "yes" then every "OPEN" interaction with an assembly from within Creo or within an embedded Creo Windchill workspace results in the dialog box showing for me.   

open_simplified_rep_by_default with value as some custom simp rep name will use that rep to open (if exists in assembly) else default rep will open. 

Check article CS107172  

Top Tags