cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Table text settings

erine
12-Amethyst

Table text settings

When adding a new row or column to an existing table, I have to edit the text style to justify the horizontal/vertical orientation to middle/center and the character height.

What setting(s) should i alter to avoid doing this everytime?  I'm going through 200+ drawings that need a note changed and this revision block speedbump is killing my efficiency.

Creo 4.0 / M060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erine
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

This works.  Figured that out after the first attempt at mapkeying the process.  My first attempt included recording the mapkey, switching between cells in the revision block and then after completing that, changing the sizing/orientation of the text in those cells. Second attempt, i manually entered the fields in the revision block, started recording the mapkey to resize/reorient and it worked on the next drawing.

It's definitely a workaround.  Not perfect, but this should speed things up a bit.

Creo 4.0 / M060

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:erine)

This has been the situation forever, and I've never seen a solution. I, too, have to add the row, then change the properties of the new cells to match the ones in the rest of the table, etc. You can pick multiple cells (with <ctrl>-pick)and change them simultaneously, but it's still annoying.

erine
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

I tried making a mapkey to at least speed this up, but it does not work.  Odd that something this straight-forward would not have a fix.

Creo 4.0 / M060
kdirth
20-Turquoise

A mapkey should be able to accomplish what you want to do.

Select the cell.

Start recording the map key.

Select properties from the RMB menu and change the text style, size and orientation.

Select OK then stop the mapkey recording.

To apply, select the cell then type the mapkey.

Be sure to save the mapkeys when you get it working so that it will be available tomarrow.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
erine
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

This works.  Figured that out after the first attempt at mapkeying the process.  My first attempt included recording the mapkey, switching between cells in the revision block and then after completing that, changing the sizing/orientation of the text in those cells. Second attempt, i manually entered the fields in the revision block, started recording the mapkey to resize/reorient and it worked on the next drawing.

It's definitely a workaround.  Not perfect, but this should speed things up a bit.

Creo 4.0 / M060
dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
Top Tags