cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

difference between Student Version and Educational Version

lwloskowicz
4-Participant

difference between Student Version and Educational Version

The questions like in topic.

On Jan 01 of 2016 my last Student License was finished  - it was M040 64 bit( if I remember well) installed on the WIN 8,1 which was transfered to WIN 10 during  the license period.

Now I have downloaded  the new zip file with M060 64 bit, and it was extracted properly. It is all what I could do. I tried to install license for two hours and still got an error message.

In the end I run with succses setup-schools file. Now I have installed Educational Version.

Am I right and not in conflict with the licence agreement, and with the PTC student account conditions ?

What are my limitations in Educational Version ?

Will I be able to return to the Student License ?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Regards

Ludwika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ludwika,

• If you have used your previous license file to install Creo, I'd suspect it's completely legal and setup-schools.exe probably is the correct tool to install your version.
  • About limitations in functionality between the different Editions, I can't help, as I simply have no knowledge on this. But I am sure they all have the complete modelling functionality available.
  • In any case you should be able to switch between the different Academic Versions (i.e. University Plus Academic Edition, University Student Edition, Schools Edition), because the models are compatible (there is only a limitation with retrieving those models into commercial versions)

Regards,

Gunter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Ludwika,

• If you have used your previous license file to install Creo, I'd suspect it's completely legal and setup-schools.exe probably is the correct tool to install your version.
  • About limitations in functionality between the different Editions, I can't help, as I simply have no knowledge on this. But I am sure they all have the complete modelling functionality available.
  • In any case you should be able to switch between the different Academic Versions (i.e. University Plus Academic Edition, University Student Edition, Schools Edition), because the models are compatible (there is only a limitation with retrieving those models into commercial versions)

Regards,

Gunter

lwloskowicz
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

Thanks Gunter. Now I am comparing this two versions  and so far I have not encountered differences.

Regards

Ludwika

Extrude features are less 

You can check this pdf.

Hi all, I am using creo 4.0 student edition and it can not open excel files in excel analysis. I looked after how to do it in videos and the teacher showed us, but in the school we use educational version. Am i doing something wrong or the student edition can not create excel analysis.Thanks for the help.

Top Tags