cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to determine which version of Creo created a step file.

Marshdamp
7-Bedrock

how to determine which version of Creo created a step file.

I am using Creo Parametric Release N/A and DatecodeN/A

I need to know which version of Creo created a step file with 'Creo Parametric by PTC Inc, 2021304' in it. What version of Creo is 2021304?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Marshdamp)

I can only guess based on release dates from the product calendar.

Creo 7.0.6 was released on October, 25, 2021

The datecode is the year and the day of the year.

While 2021304 was actually October 31, 2021. that release is the closest to that date.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli, the part after the year is just a build number, not a day of the year.

TomU_0-1667928532970.png

Hi,

open Case at PTC Support and ask them to provide conversion table from rrrrwwd format to Creo release format.

Martin Hanák

The information provided in the STEP file doesn't specify the version of Creo (i.e. Creo 4.0, Creo 5.0, etc.), just a release date. Looks like it's telling you this particular release April 13, 2021.

Checking the Creo release schedule, given here:
Release Calendar 

This seems to imply it was written from Creo Elements 20.4.0.0, Creo Parametric 4.0.15.0, or Creo Parametric 8.0.0.0. STEP files are supposed to be kind of "universal", so in theory the version of software creating it doesn't matter, but then again...

Oh no, I was being a knucklehead, I think. Looks like the "date" is telling the year, but the next two digits are the week and then maybe the day of the week?

Top Tags