cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Collection Widget on iPad Air 2

atsenska
4-Participant

Collection Widget on iPad Air 2

I have a collection widget made up of cells which act as columns. Each column is comprised of value displays which, when clicked, open a pop-up with more information (5-8 value displays per column).

The client using the mashups have reported an issue with the value displays not being clickable within the collection widget.

The client is viewing the mashups on an iPad Air 2, has tried in Chrome and Safari, and is running the latest version of iOS (12.x).

I have tried changing the z-index of the value displays to ensure they sit on top of the stack, but I have quickly run out of other ideas for workarounds. This issue did not occur when formerly using the repeater widget (although there was a separate issue with load/unload that made the repeater not viable either).

Are there any known issues with compatibility with iOS 12.x? Or are there any other ideas for trouble shooting? The issue coincides with other buttons/value displays necessitating double clicks to actually trigger, however this collection widget issue is the highest priority currently.

3 REPLIES 3
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:atsenska)

Hello.

I have not seen other reports of this issue; maybe see if the client iPad can grab a screen capture, and if you can export the troublesome widget and attach it we can see if it's possible to reproduce the problem.

What version of ThingWorx is this happening with?

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

atsenska
4-Participant
(To:CRArko)

Thingworx Version : 8.3.1 b441

I can't provide a screen capture at the client's request. It appears as though the issue is with value displays inside of a collection widget. I have created a workaround by unbinding the click of the value display and instead layering a transparent button over the top which appears to have better functionality towards a click event than the value display's click event. Although it seems strange to me that the two widgets would have inherently different click events.

CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:atsenska)

Without being able to reproduce this it will be tough to troubleshoot on our end.

I'll see if we can find out more about the discrepancy in the click events. Good to know about the workaround, in any case.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

Top Tags