I'm trying to install Foundation 9.1 trial, with no success. I have checked the Java version,it's OK. The installer goes on untill step 3, without problem. I can even see the installer creates the folders for the program, but then I receive a message error, telling that the installation failed, and the application will exit. And all the new folders disappear.
Solved! Go to Solution.
TBH I've never used the installer, but I would check your system path make sure it points to the right version of java (Environment Variables/Path)
The other would be perhaps permissions, run as Administrator?
Could you please send me the installation log file, you can capture that before exiting the installer .
File must be present at the directory where your ThingWorx is getting installed.
Also, please share the value which you are setting in your "JAVA_HOME" and "path" system variable
I have been trying again in a VM with W10 64, a new installation.
And, unfortunately, I get the same result. I can not send any log files, because the Thingworx folder dissappears when I get the installation error.
I have added the lines for the Path and Java_home values:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_281
Thanks for you help!
Maybe then try before it even comes to that point? Even if you can't 'copy' the file you might be able to read the content.
Not easy to read all the file..., but luckily I was able to copy the log before it dissapeared.
As suspected by @PaiChung this is Java related issue. I can see below error in logs
C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1\tomcat\current\bin>call service.bat install ThingWorx-Foundation
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE
You need to set JAVA_HOME properly , the JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE and "path" should also point to %JAVA_HOME%/bin
Sorry, but still didn't arrive to the end on the installation. I dowloaded the JDK and wrote the environment variables. I attach the log for this new trial.
I don't see any errors in the log. But I did notice:
Using JAVA_HOME: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-16"
That's the wrong Java_Home I believe
I don't know, I haven't found any information about that, but Tdixit told in a former answer that Java_home should be a "jdk", not a JRE
In case this could help, the last error screen that I get now is the one attached. The point is that, even before pressing "Aceptar", the log file has been erased by the installer.
Yes, there was some issue about language settings. Finally, I changed the Windows language to US English, and the installation has run correctly until the end. The application is working!
Thanks for your kind help!
I am using the trial version, so, I believe that I can not open a Support case.