cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to render 3D documents in Thingworx Foundation 9.4

Sid_Thinker
7-Bedrock

How to render 3D documents in Thingworx Foundation 9.4

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to display 3D model document in Thingworx Foundation 9.4 

Is there any widget available in Thingworx using which we can render 3D data. I know about ThingView widget but due to license cost issue we may not be able to go with manufacturing apps/navigate.

Any other solution available would really be helpful.

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sid_Thinker,

Besides the ThingView widget, that you are aware of, PTC does not provide any alternative widget to do what you asked.

What you need to do is to build your own custom widget that does that.

I assume it would help you to know that in the presales community, long time ago, somebody developed a widget that is able to display 3D objects in different formats. I am not sure if that works, but please check if that widget is a good starting point to create your own one.

Regarding the link I shared above: if you have any issues or questions with that widget, please raise an issue in that repo's Issues section and not in this forum, since it's not PTC supported.

Note that, as with any other non-PTC supported content, it is impossible to guarantee an answer in case you have issues, so, treat it as it is: a potential starter project for your needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Sid_Thinker,

Besides the ThingView widget, that you are aware of, PTC does not provide any alternative widget to do what you asked.

What you need to do is to build your own custom widget that does that.

I assume it would help you to know that in the presales community, long time ago, somebody developed a widget that is able to display 3D objects in different formats. I am not sure if that works, but please check if that widget is a good starting point to create your own one.

Regarding the link I shared above: if you have any issues or questions with that widget, please raise an issue in that repo's Issues section and not in this forum, since it's not PTC supported.

Note that, as with any other non-PTC supported content, it is impossible to guarantee an answer in case you have issues, so, treat it as it is: a potential starter project for your needs.

Hi @VladimirRosu ,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have checked GitHub extension too, but we are not sure whether it will provide support to future updates of thing Worx and also a question of security as well which I will definitely discuss in GitHub forum Thanks again.

Sid

Note that whenever using these kind of Open Source extensions that other people mention in the forums, the approach is to:

1. Analyze the extension to see if it presents any security concerns for your organization.
  2. Take ownership of the extension as if it would be yours and maintain it in the future on your end.

Relying on third party entities to maintain it (in absence of a services contract) is not something I would recommend doing.

Top Tags