cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to set a seed for ThingWorx analytics models

LR_9796586
10-Marble

How to set a seed for ThingWorx analytics models

I'm training Models through the UI and the API and I'm getting slightly different results each time, even when the parameters are the same the results are not replicable.

In particular I'm training a logistic regression, an algorithm that should be deterministic, I'm also setting the training data to 100% and 0% for validation so there should no be an effected of the sampling there.

Is there an option to set a seed or any other mechanist to get the exact same result each time? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I heard back for the AI team and there is no way for a user to set a seed for a model as the seed is not shared with end users.  The reason why you are getting different results for logistic regression is that our algorithm is perceptron based and not deterministic.  If you are looking for deterministic model, then a linear regression or decision should be used.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

I will reach out to our AI team to get a definitive answer to your questions.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime.

Warm Regards,

John

Hello,

I heard back for the AI team and there is no way for a user to set a seed for a model as the seed is not shared with end users.  The reason why you are getting different results for logistic regression is that our algorithm is perceptron based and not deterministic.  If you are looking for deterministic model, then a linear regression or decision should be used.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John 

Top Tags