cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Live Mobile location tracking

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Live Mobile location tracking

Hi,

I need to build a mashup with Google Map showing live location of my mobile device. Is there any links/tutorials that can help me with this?

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:agangaiah)

@agangaiah links to all the proposed options are already in my previous response. Let me know if you have issue accessing those. They all are pointing to ThingWorx Developer portal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @agangaiah  I can think of some options, but I suppose for you it depends on what sort of mobile device it is and how do you plan to send data from the device to ThingWorx.

If bandwidth / connection is not an issue you could look into making REST calls from the device to ThingWorx Use REST API to Access ThingWorx if the device is limited in terms of its resources you could consider using MQTT protocol to send data to ThingWorx, there's a MQTT extension available for ThingWorx on ThingWorx Marketplace

Another option could be to use ThingWorx C SDK 

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Great!!! Thanks for the response. Lets say that I do not have any Bandwidth issue. Can I make rest calls?

Is there is any documents/links available for this?

Avinash

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@agangaiah links to all the proposed options are already in my previous response. Let me know if you have issue accessing those. They all are pointing to ThingWorx Developer portal.

Top Tags