cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

MQTT Subscriber things can't trigger subscription

Nguyen_Khue
7-Bedrock

MQTT Subscriber things can't trigger subscription

Hi all

I'm create a Things based on MQTT Subcriber  and connect to MQTT broker. i'm using subcription on this Things with datachange events. 
When i'm change properties value with mqtt broker, the subcription is not triggered.  But when i'm use UI change value, the subcription still work.
I'm changed Properties Data Change Type from Value to Alway. And  I have set visibility to ThingworxPeristentProvider for System User by reading similar topics but the situation is not changed.

P/S: I'm create a Things based on MQTT (combine connection and subcriber), it's still work.

Please support me, thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Nguyen_Khue ,

Pls find detailed article on MQTT https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS246701

A Quick Start guide https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/MQTT-Extension-Quick-Start-Guide/m-p/595294#M1248

Kindly revert back if you still need any info.

Regards

Bhawna

Yep, i already read and do same way. But i can't find document for Subcription MQTT.  The problem is Subcription still work with MQTT type, but don't work with MQTT Subcriber

Hi @Nguyen_Khue ,

Have you enabled the SSL?

Can you please share the screenshots or errors you are getting?

Regards

Bhawna

No, i don't have SSL.

I think it's bug for MQTT, no error on log.  Just the Subcriptions is not trigger when i'm using MQTT subcriber template

@Nguyen_Khue 

Create a thing using MQTT template, it has both connection and subscriber capabilities and check if you are still seeing the same behavior.

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

i creat a thing based on MQTT subcriber and Conect with MQTT Conection thing. I have both, and the MQTT pushlish, subcriber properties work done. 
But when i change properties data by MQTT publish, the subcription trigger on datachange event on this properties not work. 

When i change properties data by UI Thingworx, it's still work.

Top Tags