cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Modifying stream entries

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Modifying stream entries

Hi,

are there any built in services that allow you to modify stream & value stream entries? We have a requirement to remove all customer/user data upon request. However, we would like to retain some of the data we hold to aid in data analysis and so we are looking to modify that data if possible so that it cannot be connected to an individual customer. I can see that there are services to purge/delete entries which we will use in most cases, but there are other circumstances where we might wish to retain the event. 

Examples of this might be:

Streams: where we record a 'log in' event on a remote asset. The data for that event holds the username. If possible we would like to keep the event, but overwrite the username value with some anonymous data.

Value Stream: where we log the name of the current 'job' being carried out on the remote asset. This might be customer specific.

One thought that we had was to add a new entry (with modified data) using the old event timestamp and then delete the old event, but I would be concerned that this might have unexpected consequences on the stream (i.e. performance etc.). However this would only apply to the stream thing as far as I can see.

Thanks in advance.

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Value streams entries cannot be modified (except deleted), I have checked the services that are available for Value Streams, there is none that can help updating entries.

Please see here the available services related to Value Streams: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FDataStorage%2FValueStreams%2FAccessingValueStreamDataUsingServices.html%23wwID0EDTPT

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:khayes1)

I've just seen that there is a built in service for streams 'UpdateStreamEntry' which looks like it will do the job for streams. So really I'm now just looking for a way to modify Value Stream entries if possible.

K

Hi,

Value streams entries cannot be modified (except deleted), I have checked the services that are available for Value Streams, there is none that can help updating entries.

Please see here the available services related to Value Streams: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FDataStorage%2FValueStreams%2FAccessingValueStreamDataUsingServices.html%23wwID0EDTPT

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi, thanks for checking that out, appreciate it.

K

Top Tags