cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx PTC cloud

jjansons
4-Participant

ThingWorx PTC cloud

Hi, 

I have three questions for which I can not  find answers. 

1. portal.ptc.io  - is PTC owned cloud where we could you use ThingWorx as SaaS? If so is there any technical description regarding this? 
  2.  From support documentation there is guide how to install on Amazon RDS with predefined settings instance based. Is there solution were it is not instance based but more like cloud solution? 
  3. For hybrid solutions idea is that edge microserver is used? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ejaeger
5-Regular Member
(To:jjansons)

Cloud Portal (portal.ptc.io) is a deployment service available for internal PTC users and for PTC Service Partner Program members.  It is not a SaaS service for production use.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jjansons.

As these are very broad questions, it's recommended that you discuss your needs with your Partner Rep for determining the best solutions for you and your customers.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

jjansons
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Thank you @slangley,

I can agree that last 2 questions are quite broad but for them I just wanted understand offered solution architecture and capabilities to scale out. 

1. portal.ptc.io  - is PTC owned cloud where we could you use ThingWorx as SaaS? If so is there any technical description regarding this? 

First question however is pretty straight forward and I could not find any documention related to that. Could that be answered? 

ejaeger
5-Regular Member

Cloud Portal (portal.ptc.io) is a deployment service available for internal PTC users and for PTC Service Partner Program members.  It is not a SaaS service for production use.

Top Tags