cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

cannot access thingworx flow

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

cannot access thingworx flow

As per the original post

Hi @VladimirN ,

I am also facing similar issue accessing ThingWorx Flow Dashboard. 

I have 1 doubt wrt port details. While installing ThingWorx Foundation is installed and configured on port 8443 and for ThingWorx flow I provided port address as 443. Will it going to have any impact on accessing Flow Dashboard?

I am able to access Foundation url but for flow getting white screen even before user authentication. 

Regards,

Siddharth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

ThingWorx runs under Tomcat and Flow runs under nginx, so the port configuration you have is fine, assuming the Flow port isn't conflicting with something else running on your system.

In order to access Flow, you must use the hostname configured during installation.  You can validate the hostname you chose by checking the server_name in vhost-flow.conf file located at <nginx-1.13.12_home>\conf\conf.d:  https://<server_name>/Thingworx/Composer/apps/flow

This article may be helpful for working through problems, but if you're still having issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

ThingWorx runs under Tomcat and Flow runs under nginx, so the port configuration you have is fine, assuming the Flow port isn't conflicting with something else running on your system.

In order to access Flow, you must use the hostname configured during installation.  You can validate the hostname you chose by checking the server_name in vhost-flow.conf file located at <nginx-1.13.12_home>\conf\conf.d:  https://<server_name>/Thingworx/Composer/apps/flow

This article may be helpful for working through problems, but if you're still having issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

Thank you for sharing ThingWorx Flow details. While installing ThingWorx Flow I have made 1 mistake and added wrong port details. 

ThingWorx Foundation Port: 8080  and 8443

I configured: 1433 (by mistake)

Is there any way I can update this port address now. Attaching SS of Port details which I used while installing.

Thanks,

Sid

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

It is possible to change the port.  Refer to this article to do so, or uninstall and reinstall Flow, which is sometimes easier.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags