cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Behavior of Vuforia View when Vuforia license expires

usami
6-Contributor

Behavior of Vuforia View when Vuforia license expires

If you have downloaded content to Vuforia View, would you still be able to access the downloaded content in Vuforia View after your license has expired?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In case that Experience Service is not working - means Thingworx license is expired. Then you will be not able to connect  to publish or to scan an experience.

I think , (not sure) you will be still  able to use all your downloaded experience on the device. You can simple test this by download an experience and then remove the URL of the Vuforia View app , or on HoloLense >“Hey View, clear Experience Service.”.

Then check if the Experience Projects downloaded on this device  and if they are still available for starting in offline mode. When yes then you can further use the projects. When the View will not remove the downloadend experiences  when the URL is cleared -then these project are not restricted for further use , but I never tested it if this is really so.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @usami ,

the question is - what do  you mean when you say the license is expired. License of what. Because the Vuforia view does not required a license. To be able to call a Vuforia Studio Project in Vuforia View you can scan QR code , Thingmark or  call a deep link. So when you have permission to access the experience service , it will download the project . When the project is published as public you do not need an account to scan/ start the project. When the project is marked as " Allow download for offline viewing" then you can download the project to the local device a and use the project offline so long you want  (means you do not need a server any more ) - requirement is that the project does not use any Thingworx server data / it should not update /and also you have no connection to the URL of the server. (I am not sure when the Experience Service is not active or the Project is removed  and View is connected (URL points to the server) if this will not update / and remove the project)

So to use the experience Server you do not need an license . You need to have a valid account or the used experiences  are published as public. You need a license /agreement with PTC to install local Experience Service  or to use a commercial PTC cloud Experience Service instance - in this case a valid account (user /password) 

usami
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi @RolandRaytchev 
Thank you for your prompt response.

The license refers to the license for ExperienceService.

If the license for ExperienceService expires, are the following behaviors correct?:

• I will not be able to publish to ExperienceService from Vuforia Studio.
  • I will not be able to download content from ExperienceService using Vuforia View.
  • I will still be able to access previously downloaded content in Vuforia View since it doesn't require access to ExperienceService.

In case that Experience Service is not working - means Thingworx license is expired. Then you will be not able to connect  to publish or to scan an experience.

I think , (not sure) you will be still  able to use all your downloaded experience on the device. You can simple test this by download an experience and then remove the URL of the Vuforia View app , or on HoloLense >“Hey View, clear Experience Service.”.

Then check if the Experience Projects downloaded on this device  and if they are still available for starting in offline mode. When yes then you can further use the projects. When the View will not remove the downloadend experiences  when the URL is cleared -then these project are not restricted for further use , but I never tested it if this is really so.

Top Tags