cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo Illustrate Annotations Not Visible In Vuforia Studio

rrzink91
8-Gravel

Creo Illustrate Annotations Not Visible In Vuforia Studio

I have created a step-by-step sequence in Creo Illustrate and attached an annotation to one part to test out the feature's functionality. The annotation is visible in the Creo Illustrate preview, but when I transfer over to Vuforia Studios with the respectable files, it does not show up when I try to preview my AR project. I've heard that Vuforia Studios does not support the annotation feature from Creo Illustrate. My question is, does anyone know of a workaround specific to what I want to achieve? (Goal: give instructions on proper disassembly of my object/model for each part. This will be so for each part associated with the model)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:rrzink91)

Hello,

It is a normal behavior for the moment in Vuforia Studio.

More details in this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS290785

By the way, it has been already reported to Product Managers.

In future, it is plan to add this feature.

For the moment, we don't have a release date.

As workaround, the only solution is to create billboard (3D plane with one surface visible who are still facing to camera) to display 2D image or use another 3D model (like an arrow or a tool ...etc...) to give an instruction.

Best regards,
Samuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:rrzink91)

Hello,

It is a normal behavior for the moment in Vuforia Studio.

More details in this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS290785

By the way, it has been already reported to Product Managers.

In future, it is plan to add this feature.

For the moment, we don't have a release date.

As workaround, the only solution is to create billboard (3D plane with one surface visible who are still facing to camera) to display 2D image or use another 3D model (like an arrow or a tool ...etc...) to give an instruction.

Best regards,
Samuel

Samuel,

I've speculated as much. I just hope it gets fast tracked, but I realize there's probably a ridiculous amount of issues they're working on already. It would just be a very powerful tool for Vuforia Studio to take advantage of.

Sincerely,

Ryan

Top Tags