cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Which kind of augmented reality glasses/eyewears does ThingWorx View support?

vkrayushkin
11-Garnet

Which kind of augmented reality glasses/eyewears does ThingWorx View support?

Hello all! Which kind (models) of augmented reality glasses/eyewears does ThingWorx View support? (EPSON BT-200, ODG R-6/R7, Goggle Glass or something else or  Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard)? What do we need to apply in ThingWorx Studio for 3D-scene preparation for any kind of AR "glass"?

Now we are using both iPAD Pro and Samsung pads for demonstrations but our interests in AR implementation during MRO and services. Operators need to have "all hands free" and it means we need to use  digital eyewear devices (glasses or helmets...)

We know about ability of Vuforia SDK to display stereo AR on  "Optical See-Through"-devices (such as Epson Moverio BT-200, Osterhout Design Group ODG R-7 or Microsoft HoloLens) or "Video See-Through"-devices (Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard etc) but thus ability supports on Vuforia+Unity. We need to do it on another AR platform - ThingWorx.

7 REPLIES 7

Currently we are planning ThingWorx View for HoloLens and it is planned to release in late may or early June. As of now, there are no plans for other eyewear devices. We will keep you posted if there is a plan for other device.

efraga
4-Participant
(To:katte)

Excuse me, good morning

Elias Fraga from Mexico, I have a doubt a Thingworx Studio client asked me if he could use the Thingworx Studio with the augmented reality glasses Samsung gear VR, I am interested to know if our client could use that kind of glasses witn Thingworx Studio in the near future .

Regards

katte
1-Newbie
(To:efraga)

Elias Fraga, Thingworx studio for Samsung gear is not supported as of now, we only support for MS HoloLens. Though not in near future, it might get delayed.

mkhare
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

Hi,

I am trying to use "enableEyewearOption":true in builder-settings.json file but I cant see the option "EyeWear" while creating new project.

Can someone help me with the steps for creating AR for HoloLens with example ?

Thanks

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:mkhare)

Hej Mayank,

you could post your dedicated question into the Hololens beta community if you like - it's answered there already.

You need to close Thingworx Studio... sometimes also with Task manager and then edit the builder-settings.json.

Restart Studio and it will work.

🙂

Elias Fraga​  --> Samsung Gear VR are no AR glasses but Virtual Reality Glasses, thus they are not supported.

Hi Giri,

do you know which software (package) will supported for Hololens ?

HoloLens Development Edition or HoloLens Commercial Suite ?

thanks for your answer

Herve

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:HerveBARTHELEMY)

Hej Hervé,

internally we work with the Dev edition.

Beware that this does not include any support (I think that is one of the differences between dev and commercial....)

The app can then be downloaded in the store - for now it's hidden,  Beta.

Martin

Top Tags