cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Attachment of files from PTC products not accepted

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Attachment of files from PTC products not accepted

Let me first say that @Tmetcalf is aware of the problem and working on it.

I am just posting here as I have investigated a little bit more and I am curious if all of you have those problem, as at least on user had not.

There seems to be a list which tells Lithium which extensions should be allowed for attachments. RTF is not allowed (it should be added to the list) and that's the error message you get when trying to post a file which is not allowed:P1.png

As you can read, Mathcad files with extensions mcd, xmcd, xmcdz, mcdx should be allowed. But when I try to attach Mathcad files, I get a different error message and still am not allowed to do:P2.pngHere it looks like Lithium would be happy to accept an mcd file but it looked into the file and came to the conclusion that its not really a mcd file. Needless to say that all files I was trying to attach were valid Mathcad files. I am not sure how exactly Lithium will decide if a file is a true mcd file or not, but there seems to be a database and/or algorithm which is used for this check and which has to be updated for files of PTC products.

If that's true, nobody should be able to post mcd files - right?

What really puzzles me is that at least one user succeeded in posting a mcd file without manually zipping it first - no clue whats going on here. Its in this thread (its a pity we can't link to individual posts in a thread)  https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/MathCad-11-how-to-make-the-result-shown-in-line-with-the/m-p/476124#M172199

As far as I found out we can directly post    zip, pdf, mp4, avi, xls, gif   files (and possibly a few others like doc, jpg, etc. as well - haven't  tried).

Has anybody else (other than @anthonyQueen)  succeeded in posting a Mathcad file directly without zipping it first?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Werner_E

Please give this a try - I may have the right setting.

Best,

Toby

@Tmetcalf wrote:

Hi @Werner_E

Please give this a try - I may have the right setting.

Best,

Toby

OK, lets give it a try right here.

EDIT:

Hi @Tmetcalf

Unfortunately no success - still the same error message:

Pic6.png

I attach the three files zipped in case you need study material.

Darn - I will inquire about mcd, xmcd, xmcdz, mcdx

Toby

Hi @Tmetcalf

Any news on this issue from Lithium?

I can't find this issue on the hight priority list of your post migration team.

As a company it would be high priority for me, that my forum does not reject files created by my software.

Good day @Werner_E

This is moving up the list and sorry for the delay.

We will continue asking for updates and providing information back.

Best,

Toby

Top Tags