cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Associate wtpart

kc-2
5-Regular Member

Associate wtpart

Hi ,

In Windchill 10.0 M010, I am already created a WTPart inside Windchill. Now am creating a CAD Document with the same name of WTPart. But  when i check in the cad document with out use Auto Associate option.

But after check in the WTPart and CAD Documents are not associated. I read somewhere like if the names are same it will associate automatically.

Whether i have to set any Preference for that???

Thanks in advance..

2 REPLIES 2
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:kc-2)

krishnamoorthy C wrote:

Hi ,

In Windchill 10.0 M010, I am already created a WTPart inside Windchill. Now am creating a CAD Document with the same name of WTPart. But  when i check in the cad document with out use Auto Associate option.

But after check in the WTPart and CAD Documents are not associated. I read somewhere like if the names are same it will associate automatically.

Whether i have to set any Preference for that???

You need to set the following preference:

Operation > CheckIn Operation > Auto Associate upon Check In = Yes

ChiragSuthar
5-Regular Member
(To:kc-2)

We have same question.

1-We save as old assembly save as and do design modification

2-We create wtpart and take drawing number while creating wtpart can we associate cad document?

Or can we set rule without owner association of wtpart it should be restricted for checkin.

Top Tags