cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Cannot retrieve family table neutral data and SQL Server database

gwalker
4-Participant

Cannot retrieve family table neutral data and SQL Server database

We have encountered the dreaded "Cannot retrieve family table neutral data" problem with one of the parts in our database (see https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=kA1A00000000IUzKAM).

I contacted PTC about this back in February and for some reason they have been unable to provide healing scripts that will run on our SQL Server database to fix the problem. They first sent what were obviously Oracle scripts that didn't work.

Has anyone with a SQL Server database received scripts to correct this issue? Are the scripts customized to your installation? If not, would you mind sharing the scripts?

Thanks.

PDMLink 9.1 M040 with MS SQL Server 2005

4 REPLIES 4

Bumping this up since I also could not find SQL related info on this, only Oracle. Have a call into PTC Tech Support and I will post an update here on results so others may be helped too.

Hi Pete, I saw a lot of this on the 8 to 9 Migrations. There were copious amounts of WinDU scripting to fix these. If the upgrade was done without this, then you will see some of this stuff even when updated further until it got cleaned up.

Also, I saw this same error once we removed some CAD Document (EPMDocument) attributes in WC10. Removing these attributes screwed up the family tables but PTC provided scripting to get it fixed.

[cid:image001.gif@01CE9505.F0A95F50]

Steve Vinyard
Senior Solution Architect
byork
17-Peridot
(To:gwalker)

Pete,

We have the same problem. We have been working with support for about a month to fix this. Hope yours goes better. The good news is that I think we are about there. Depending what errors are found with WinDU they have a couple of scripts to clean it up. We are using WC10 M040.

Brian

Steve, ours was a 3.4 to 10.0 migration. PTC asked for some reports to determine what scripting is needed. I read somewhere else that removing attribute values in a family table could also be a cause. I dont know why someone would want to do that, but who knows. Thanks for the input!

Top Tags