cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to edit the PTC banner?

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

How to edit the PTC banner?

I'm sure this is not the first time this is asked, but last time I searched I couldn't find relevant topics... maybe it's too obvious 

So, it would be nice to edit the top banner text "PTC Windchill" to include, for example, info that you're in production environment and also change the colour to something else than dark blue again to differentiate the environments. Having no skills when it comes to web pages I'd need a starting point, though I was able to find the file containing the text "PTC Windchill". How do you edit the colour?

10 REPLIES 10
BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst
(To:HJ1)

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:BineshKumar1)

Great, editing png files sounds like a simple enough solution.

I did that already, but do you need to run something to make these appear in the Windchill UI? Restarting the services was not sufficient.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Clearing browser cache did the trick...    

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

some more info in attached that you might want to consider

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:MikeLockwood)

Oooo.. nice.

And in fact I managed to implement the email link -idea (thanks!) BUT the whole thing only works with Firefox, not IE 11.

The "whole thing" meaning what Binesh suggested above

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=WCCG_UICust_GenericUICust_SysBannerAlert&action=show

it is as if IE is looking for "banner_en.txt" in the same location as the "banner.txt" mentioned in the support article.

I'm doing this on 10.2 M030

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

What the language setting in your browser? Internet option > Languages. it works for us on IE11 with 10.2M030

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Thanks for the tip, having a look at the language settings... They're an issue as behaviour is not consistent and most likely IT won't start to control which browsers and settings users have. I started a longish reply here but instead I'm making a further question.

What are all the caches to clear on the server side to ensure new pic-files are implemented in the user interface?

IE shows old versions. Firefox loads the new ones, but when loading the page you can see the old ones appear for a while before the new. This applies to the banner background "left_gradient" but also e.g. Change Object icon gifs.

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Did you clear the Internet explorer image caches stored images and all?

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Yea just noticed that the Temporary Files were not deleted even though it's selected in Delete Browsing History... removing these manually corrected the banner.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Files attached - happy to provide

Top Tags