cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Searching for files in users' Workspace

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Searching for files in users' Workspace

Sorry if this is another rookie question... but I have read here about the ability to search for objects that are in users' workspaces. How do I do this? I have files - I don't know how many - that I need to clean up, as we are doing a re-organization of our Windchill cabinets soon. I want to move some, and I want to delete the latest Rev of some others, but I can't because they are in a Workspace somewhere. I can log in as orgadmin.

I realize that if they are in the user's side Workspace then I have a bigger problem.

7 REPLIES 7

The only way that I could find for this is a query builder report - which works very nicely for this.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thanks... that's a learning curve right there. I am looking at in Windchill help.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

Okay... that's way over my head.

Could you share this Report/Query

See attached for a report that shows only new and modified workspace items

Regards

Darren

You can also take a look at this document, where you can find lots of report ready to use.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Tips/Resource-for-reporting/td-p/448738

Marco

Hello Grahame

Is files are in the server side workspce as a local admin your can search those files , if files are in the server side user personnel work space , you may have to use the Org admin login , Usually Global admin will be having some tool Kit which is used to search the parts which is in server side work-space and not moved to common space or the windchill cabinet .

Top Tags