cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill 10.1 - Banner -

HugoHermans
9-Granite

Windchill 10.1 - Banner -

Hey Preeti,

I'm triggered by your screenshot:

- Could you share the way you tweaked the banner for your testserver?

- For change objects, we don't succeed to add the object name next to the object number, similar to WTDocuments. Did you?

- But mostly, your change object is an ECR, but the icon and the name points to an ECN. Isn't that very confusing?

Regards, Hugo.
13 REPLIES 13
ArturPonurski
5-Regular Member
(To:HugoHermans)

Yes banner is helpful. What was great in 9.1 but I cannot figure it out
in 10.1 banner is how to add in banner.txt HMTL "

Wayne Beck
CAD/Windchill Analyst
-<">mailto:->
scaron1
4-Participant

Here an example of banner.txt with hyperlink.

[Description: C:\Users\Serge Caron\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\tristar_email_signature_files\image001.gif]

Serge Caron
Windchill Implementer (PLM)

Hi Preeti,
Wow! I’ve been trying to get a banner like Preeti’s but haven’t figured out how to do it. I even opened a call to tech support and I didn’t get what I wanted.

Please let us know how you managed.

Just in case this could be useful to others... Here is what my test environment banner looks like (see attached image). It’s clear enough but I like Preeti’s banner better.

Here’s how this is done... Modify/create the begin_custom, then restart Windchill.

vi /opt/ptc/Windchill_10.1/Windchill/codebase/netmarkets/jsp/util/begin_custom.jspf

HTH

On 02/28/14 08:34, Jean-Louis Beaulne wrote:
>
> Hi Preeti,
> Wow! I've been trying to get a banner like Preeti's but haven't figured out how to do it. I even
> opened a call to tech support and I didn't get what I wanted.
>
>
> Please let us know how you managed.
>
I don't know exactly what Preeti did however I did this in
codebase/netmarkets/jsp/util/begin_custom.jspf:
*<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/util/banner_custom.jspf"%>*

And this in codebase/netmarkets/jsp/util/banner.txt:

**Windchill 10.2 M010 Training**

To get this:
banner

>
> Just in case this could be useful to others... Here is what my test environment banner looks like
> (see attached image). It's clear enough but I like Preeti's banner better.
>
>
> Here's how this is done... Modify/create the begin_custom, then restart Windchill.
>
>
> vi /opt/ptc/Windchill_10.1/Windchill/codebase/netmarkets/jsp/util/begin_custom.jspf
>
>
>
>
> HTH
>
> JL
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695

[cid:image003.jpg@01CF346C.F5C7FB70]

Yes, its 9.1 but I always like mine. You get to dabble in graphic design and photoshop. This shows a transition from land to air to space. Yes, that's Hubble up there. Trick was as the window shrinks left, the "Event Manager" white text would cross over the lighter atmosphere area. I found an HTML trick to put a shadow around text so it still could be seen.

OK Tony that is cool. An additional question: The banner is nice but was there any Message of the day type functionality in addition to the banner added for 10.2?

On 02/28/14 09:17, Lohbauer, Robert wrote:
>
> OK Tony that is cool. An additional question: The banner is nice but was there any Message of the
> day type functionality in addition to the banner added for 10.2?
>

You can just change the contents of banner.txt, refresh your browser, and you have the updated
message. This could easily be automated with something that recreates banner.txt each week/day/hr
with whatever the "message of the day" is.

> ----------------------------
>
> <">http://>
>
> <<http: twitter.com=" jacobsvehicle="><http: www.youtube.com=" jacobsvehiclesystems=">">https://www.facebook.com/JacobsVehicleSystems><http: twitter.com=" jacobsvehicle="><http: www.youtube.com=" jacobsvehiclesystems=">
>
> ----------------------------
>
> *From:*Villanueva, Antonio UTAS [mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com]
> *Sent:* Friday, February 28, 2014 10:08 AM
> *To:* -
> *Subject:* [solutions] - RE: [External] Windchill 10.1 - Banner -
>
> Yes, its 9.1 but I always like mine. You get to dabble in graphic design and photoshop. This
> shows a transition from land to air to space. Yes, that’s Hubble up there. Trick was as the
> window shrinks left, the “Event Manager” white text would cross over the lighter atmosphere area.
> I found an HTML trick to put a shadow around text so it still could be seen.
>
> *From:*Jean-Louis Beaulne [mailto:beaulne@cae.ca]
> *Sent:* Friday, February 28, 2014 9:35 AM
> *To:* - <">mailto:->
> *Subject:* [External] [solutions] - RE: Windchill 10.1 - Banner -
>
> Hi Preeti,
> Wow! I’ve been trying to get a banner like Preeti’s but haven’t figured out how to do it. I even
> opened a call to tech support and I didn’t get what I wanted.
>
>
> Please let us know how you managed.
>
>
> Just in case this could be useful to others... Here is what my test environment banner looks like
> (see attached image). It’s clear enough but I like Preeti’s banner better.
>
>
> Here’s how this is done... Modify/create the begin_custom, then restart Windchill.
>
>
> vi /opt/ptc/Windchill_10.1/Windchill/codebase/netmarkets/jsp/util/begin_custom.jspf
>
>
> > 24px; font-weight: bolder;">plm4.cae.com
>
> HTH
>
> JL
>
>
>
> Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message.
> The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the
> acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect
> of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any
> attachment.

--
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695

That is true Randy, and it does work well. I was wondering if there were other options.

Hands down, Antonio's is sweet! Nice stuff! You can change even the colours and text in your banner.

Patrick

In Reply to Antonio Villanueva:

[cid:image003.jpg@01CF346C.F5C7FB70]

Yes, its 9.1 but I always like mine. You get to dabble in graphic design and photoshop. This shows a transition from land to air to space. Yes, that's Hubble up there. Trick was as the window shrinks left, the "Event Manager" white text would cross over the lighter atmosphere area. I found an HTML trick to put a shadow around text so it still could be seen.

All - I had posted a solution for this last year, but the code was not complete. I had a few companies request it. I’ll post an update on a separate thread in a moment.

To get a solution like what Preeti showed, you can use the OOTB information already posted and then change the background colors of the banner/header by replacing the OOTB files used to render the gradient blue to green with images of same dimensions but use a solid color. You could also get more savvy with coding the HTML, but that is bit much.

The solution I am working on, mimics the banner behavior in 9.1 such that you get the banner capabilities without as much effort. I want to file an enhancement request with PTC and get a few of the PTC folks monitoring this, to get the code dumped into a later MOR of Windchill 10.2 or 10.3 (X-26) that is in development now.

I’ll describe it more in separate post. For those running 10.1 M040, I have a stable version that does not collapse yet ready to distribute.

Here it appears once collapsed (still working out final bugs)…there will be a timer based auto collapse option.

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

We also explored this option(putting header row) just like we had done in 9.1. It shifted whole Windchill frame to the bottom. So we decided to do this way. We could not put too many things in 10.1 as we had it in 9.1 for example - the Alcon Specific Help link and Email link etc. I like the David’s idea of auto collapse. But please put(PTC) it as out of the box option ☺

Coming back to banner. We do the following things:

1) Change background_gradient.png in codebase\netmarkets\themes\windchill\Header to the different color.

2) Begin_custom.jspf : we rehost server very frequently so the tooltip also helps. I am attaching this file.

[cid:image001.png@01CF346E.6488AF40] [cid:image010.png@01CF346E.6488AF40] [cid:image011.png@01CF3471.B736BB80]

3) We also change the l_ptc_splash.gif to identify Disaster Recovery/Test/Validation systems etc. Location : Windchill\codebase\wtcore\images\bblks

Link to Alcon help system is buried in here now, which often times is not obvious until we tell users. I still like to put the help system link on the top. In our testing we found that in the workspace, the embedded browser got squished and all the texts were jumbled up.

[cid:image012.png@01CF3471.B736BB80]

Thanks,
Preeti

I'm working on setting this up but am having trouble getting the new images to appear in web browser.

I change/replace \codebase\wtcore\images\bblks\l_ptc_splash.gif (for initial splash) and \codebase\netmarkets\images\22A_windchill_logo_x20.png (for header logo)

I clear tomcat and restart, and clear web browser cache, but they do not update.

Is there another cached location? or step I'm missing?

Thanks!

Top Tags