cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill Server connection lost

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Windchill Server connection lost

Ok, i have some designers using creo, and while they are working, will open a large assembly.  Their typical practices, are to go home at the end of the day, leave Creo running, so they come in the morning, and dont have to reopen the large file.  this was their practice during Intralink.  no issues then.  However, now with Creo, they get a message saying server offline, or error where they are not connected.  no liscense, things like that.  i assume its from our backup, which restarts the server.  the only thing they can do is Ctrl-Alt Delete, to close the program, then restart creo.

Is this a windows error, windchill error?

is there something on my side i can do, or is there something they can do on their side, via server manager, or something without having to close out Creo?

7 REPLIES 7

Daniel,

take a look at this documentA comprehensive massive model handling approach, written by dcokin

I think could be helpful for you.

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dgrobe)

If the server is restarted every night, mine are at 5:00AM, then the clients will lose connection, nothing can be done about that.

Try setting this to help, dm_remember_server set to yes.

I know my users just pick back up in the morning without having to close Creo and reload their files.

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

thanks ben.. default is set to yes.  so everyones is set to yes for this.   and yes, our backup run every night. and restarts every night.

marco.. that is pretty lengthy.. i will read into it.

dcokin
13-Aquamarine

Adding "suppress_license_loss_dialog yes" to your config.pro may help eliminate some of these warning dialogs. Good luck.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Are your users unable to go into server management the next morning and bring the server connection back online from there by unchecking the "Work offline" checkbox?

12-7-2015 10-42-24 AM.jpg

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:LoriSood)

No.. creo has to be shut down.. via the ctrl-alt delete.  then restarted.

Working in Windchill from IsoDraw creates similar response, only we don't need to force a shut-down.  We can restart the normal way.

Working offline doesn't make sense as the link to objects in Windchill is the initial idea to use this setup.

Top Tags