cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can't enter dimensional value after double click in model sketch

zyoder-2
5-Regular Member

Can't enter dimensional value after double click in model sketch

We are currently using Creo 8.0.2.0, and when I double-click on a dimension to enter or edit the value, the prompt comes up and then immediately disappears (see attached images).  I have less than one second to try and enter a new value.

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:zyoder-2)

I'm not having any issues with Creo 8.0.7.0.  The white box doesn't go away until I click 'Enter', no matter what I do with the mouse.  Are other users at your location having this same issue?  Maybe temporarily swap our your mouse and keyboard for different ones and see if that makes any difference.

Hi,

no problem in Creo 8.0.4.0.

Martin Hanák
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:zyoder-2)

I am not seeing this behavior and we are using Creo 8.0.2.0 also.

Have the same problem. 8.0.3.0

Hello,

One of my coworker has the same issue on her CREO 7.0.12.0.

My other coworkers an I, with the same version of CREO 7.0, doesn't have this issue at all.

It appears randomly on her computer : sometimes it works just fine, sometimes the double-click edit doesn't work.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:adoucet)

Quick fix:

Select Show Browser and close all of the tabs.

kdirth_0-1710773333733.png

Long term fix: add the following to config.pro:

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

enable_partcommunity_tab no

enable_resource_browser_tab no

enable_punditas_browser_tab no

web_browser_homepage about:blank

See this discussion: Solved: Re: Cannot edit dimensions in sketcher any more - PTC Community

And this article: Article - CS378868 - In Creo Parametric Sketcher mode, impossible to enter a dimension by double click, the menu is exited automatically. (ptc.com)

There is always more to learn in Creo.
adoucet
1-Newbie
(To:kdirth)

Thank you, the line "web_browser_homepage about:blank" worked.

Top Tags