cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Erased dimensions

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Erased dimensions

Hello,

can anyone tell me how to get back a few dimensions that i erased? I also deleted the view that these dimensions were on, because it was no longer required. I have gone through the entire drawing tree searching all the annotation tabs of the views that are left & there is no sign of them. I have tried the show model annotations for that particular feature, but nothing. I have modified the dimensions in my part in the hope that they would become visible again in my drawing, but again nothing. I am using WF5 & have never encountered this problem before.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi

I am using wildfir-5 M080

I also face the same problem

You can retrieve the erased dimensions; but if you delete the view; then the dimensions could not be retrieved.

But Latest datecode of pro-e gives an option to delete erased dimension

Refer-

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS18537

(If dimensions erased will be deleted then I think the problem should be solved.)

I am not sure this will help you or not, But anyone having latest datecode can answer you on this matter.

Regards

K.Mahanta

The behaviour of erasing dimensions has changed in WF5.

In the past, you had an icon called "Show/Erase". In WF5 it's only called "Show". This means that the icon only allows you to show dimensions that have never been displayed in any views. If you have a dimension that you erased, it will not show up when using the "Show" Dimensions icon.

You need to look at your Drawing Tree on the left of the UI. Click on the view were the dimension was erased from and you should find that it's greyed out. You can right click on it to un-erase it.

If you Delete a dimensions, then it should be shown when using the "Show" dimension icon. Again, this is not true if you erase it. If you erase it, you need to use the Drawing tree and un-erase it from there.

I hate this new method compared to WF4.

Hi john...

You can try going into the drawing and using the MODEL TREE (not the Drawing Tree) to locate your dimension. Find the feature the missing dimension belonged to and highlight it in the Model Tree (again not the drawing tree). Right click and select Show Model Annotations.

I tried some other techniques but until M120 comes out, this will be a problem. Once the next build of Wildfire comes out, as someone mentioned, erased dimensions can be set to automatically delete themselves (rather than just being hidden). this makes it easier to re-show them again.

Try this technique and see if it helps.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags