cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Generic Diamond

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Generic Diamond

I cannot find a clear consensus of how a diamond is created as most of the ratio diagrams simply don't make sense to me.

What I did do is create a classic diamond that can easily be modified to specific requirements.

You will see a rather short list of features.  in fact, cutting a diamond really doesn't involve too many steps.  Getting it to reflect light perfectly is a different story, however.  Not having a good renderer makes this one a "generic" grade and is certainly not optimised for reflections.

The point set Facet_Guides drive the half facets.  You can edit these to change the profile.  You will also find the diamond's girdle diameter can be set in relations.  Everything else will follow this size parameter (if I got it all right).

You will also find the material colors vary for each facet using the glass setting.  Again, I really can't get this to work for me but it is a starting point for randomizing the faces.

diamond.JPG

The attached file is Creo 2.0.  I lay no claim to this file and offer this free to use as you may.

Enjoy!

P.S.: If you have intimate knowledge of how to properly interpret the GIA Diamond ratios, please enlighten me.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags