cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to change the fraction format in a drawing?

RG_10671499
8-Gravel

How to change the fraction format in a drawing?

Hi,

Is there any config.pro or .dtl settings to change the format of the fractions?

see below for example the default is 4-3/8 I want to change to  4 3/8. or 4  3/8(double space depending on the fonts I am using)

RG_10671499_0-1685774667632.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it can be changed by changing "dim_fraction_format" to AISE.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

To the best of my knowledge this is not possible. Seems that the only config.pro options that let us decide fractional variants are:

create_fraction_dim  -> "yes" means all dims as fractions, "no" means they're all decimals

dim_fraction_denominator -> sets the largest denominator of the fraction parts of dimensions

dim_fraction_format -> "Std" means standard Creo, "Aisc" means use architectural feet-inch format

use_major_units -> some sort of weird esoteric setting for use of "retrieval of pre-Creo solids"?

Perhaps someone with more tricks than me might have a way to do this, but I don't think so.

it can be changed by changing "dim_fraction_format" to AISE.

Hmm. That must be a "hidden" option. When I look at the possible settings for dim_fraction_format I only see "std" and "aisc" for which the description is:

Std - Displays fractional dimensions in the standard Creo format. Aisc - Displays fractional dimensions in the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) format and displays architectural units in AISC format for feet-inches.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

I think that was a typo AISE should be AISC

It works.

You do have to also pay attention to the option Use_major_units also. If this is set to yes, it will show in Feet-inches

StephenW_0-1686052880537.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RG_10671499)

It does raise a question as to why do you want to use architectural drafting standards on manufactured items? ASME Y14.5 defines dimensioning rules and formats for manufactured items.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Not everyone goes strictly to ASME/ISO. We still use lots of fractions, at least on our large weldments. I've tried to convince some that you can buy tape measures in any format you want but they only want the good old 1/16" tape measures. We adhere mostly to ASME but deviate where we get lots of pushback from manufacturing/vendors etc.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags