cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to reverse mouse wheel direction once for all?

ptcreouser
3-Visitor

How to reverse mouse wheel direction once for all?

Hi, I'm pretty new to Creo, usually used to Solidworks. My problem is the following: I found out how to reverse the mouse wheel direction when zooming in and out in a part, but the settings I've chosen in the editor (SEE SCREENSHOT) apply only for the current project.. so when I close Creo and start a new project the direction of mouse wheel become again the default one... so how can i reverse the mouse wheel direction forever?    I tried also to modify the config.pro file in the installation folder but it is "write protected" ...can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptcreouser)

Change the installation folder that the config.pro is in so it is not write protected (if you have admin rights on your computer)

***OR***

1. Determine your "start in" folder. You can do this by right clicking the shortcut you use to launch Creo and noting the "start in" folder or when you launch Creo initially, go to file-open-working directory.

2. copy the config.pro from your installation folder to the start in folder

3. open the text file with notepad and delete all the entries

4. add the config option for reversing the mouse wheel

5. save the file

When the launch creo again, it will first load the config.pro in your installation and set those options and then it will load the config.pro in your start-in folder. You can use this config.pro file to make any other customizations you would like to save so you don't have redo them each time you launch creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Change the installation folder that the config.pro is in so it is not write protected (if you have admin rights on your computer)

***OR***

1. Determine your "start in" folder. You can do this by right clicking the shortcut you use to launch Creo and noting the "start in" folder or when you launch Creo initially, go to file-open-working directory.

2. copy the config.pro from your installation folder to the start in folder

3. open the text file with notepad and delete all the entries

4. add the config option for reversing the mouse wheel

5. save the file

When the launch creo again, it will first load the config.pro in your installation and set those options and then it will load the config.pro in your start-in folder. You can use this config.pro file to make any other customizations you would like to save so you don't have redo them each time you launch creo.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

OR....embrace the Creo and unlearn all your bad SolidQuirks habits...  🙂

Top Tags