cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Rendering Issues in Creo Parametric 2.0

ptc-5220929
1-Newbie

Rendering Issues in Creo Parametric 2.0

Whenever I try to render a part using Photolux as my renderer I only recieve black screens as my outputs. This problem doesn't extend to photorender as I have been able to get complete renders from it. I've tried to search the Creo Discussions to find any other people experiencing my problem. This was the closest I found: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/36658 . Though this solution couldn't work for me considering I dont have McAfee installed, though I have checked Creo's permissions inside my antivirus and firewall. No luck so far. Here's what a render window looks like on output Render+Output.png

The same black screen pops up using render reigon as well, and one thing I've noticed is that in rendering videos a "particle like" effect ensues as the images is rendered and refined, that doesnt happen for me when using the full render window and region renders. I've also tried photo outputs as well and have no success there either.

PRT0001.jpg

PRT0001

PRT0002.jpg

PRT0002

The fact that I recieve an output with watermark is interesting but it is still all black other than that. I've toggled scenes, rooms, lights, and effects and had a consistent black output. Any help would be appreciated.

My system specs are:

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

16.0 GB Ram

Nvidia GTX Titan w. 331.65 Drivers

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hello Andrew and welcome to the forum.

I cannot tell from the menu in the 1st image but I might suggest you don't have photolux installed.

You can always create a support case and have them get online with your screen to help troubleshoot your issue.

I've had problems with NVidia drivers from their website. I had to install Dell "tweaked" drivers to use them in Creo 2.0.

Thank you for your welcoming. I believe I do have photolux installed as it is a selectable Renderer in the "Render Setup" window, unless there is other criteria for photolux being installed which I wouldn't know.

Where did you find these "tweaked" Nvidia driver? I wouldn't mind giving them a try if all else fails.

Thanks for the response, right now I'm downloading a previous driver version off of Nvidia's driver archive, I'll be sure to post in this thread the outcome of those drivers.

Well... that might be the case then. There are several Photolux scenes in the selection but that doesn't mean you have Photolux. When I select these scenes I get a lot of black stuff too. It is a poor implementation of a teaser.

Photolux is a $1000 add-on that requires an additional license and yearly maintenance. It really should be part of the core package in my opinion. The age old Photorender package is completely outdated and again, in my opinion, unusable for even the most basic presentations. I get better results from screen captures.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

As for the tweaked drivers, Dell lets me know they are available. I have only received one update in the 18 months I've had this computer. The NVidia drivers from NVidia caused all kinds of screen anomalies. We old time Pro|E users know all about that and nothing has gotten better over the years in this regard.

I recommend use scenes templates

same problem(

Andrew,

maybe it is time to test KeyShot ... see https://www.keyshot.com

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags