cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

create a pdf & step file with mapy key

ssreevalsan
3-Visitor

create a pdf & step file with mapy key

Dear,

Good day

Can you please help me to make map key as full fill below requirement.

We created drawing file with parameter as below .

Now I want a to create individual part  pdf & step file (drawing file having more pages ,so only one part need to convert pdf and step ) by using map key & that file name should be drawing number which I provided in parameter.

ssreevalsan_1-1716872000042.png

ssreevalsan_2-1716872000045.png

Thanks with Best Regards,

Sreelal Sreevalsan 

Mob: +966-571124829

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Using a parameter and entering that as the file name in a mapkey is tricky, unfortunately. These things can be done, but it usually involves things like saving text files to disk and using a BAT file to read them, sending keyboard commands to the OS or running an Autohotkey script, or something like that. The easier way to do it is to just pause the mapkey when it's time and let the user enter the file name themselves.

Besides that part, the rest should be easy. Just record the mapkey and do the steps yourself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Using a parameter and entering that as the file name in a mapkey is tricky, unfortunately. These things can be done, but it usually involves things like saving text files to disk and using a BAT file to read them, sending keyboard commands to the OS or running an Autohotkey script, or something like that. The easier way to do it is to just pause the mapkey when it's time and let the user enter the file name themselves.

Besides that part, the rest should be easy. Just record the mapkey and do the steps yourself.

thanks for the reply .

I am doing like that now

Hello @ssreevalsan

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags