cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Illustrate, 2D Symbols, Arrows

Ramon_Bohne
11-Garnet

Creo Illustrate, 2D Symbols, Arrows

Hello all,

I wanted to ask how you handle additional 2D symbols such as arrows, annotations and other image additions.

I am thinking about creating a whole range of helpful 2D symbols. For example, all kinds of arrows and also a bin. I find that helpful sometimes.

Of course, such things can be done later with another tool during further image processing, but we would like to do the complete image creation in CI if possible.

My questions:
1. how do you deal with this issue?

2. is it possible to rotate inserted 2D symbols? This would be very helpful for arrows.

3. is it possible to change the order of the inserted 2D symbols. The last 2D symbols inserted overlap the previous ones, and sometimes rearranging them would be helpful.

Thanks and best regards

Ramon

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ramon,

I'm afraid there is currently no way to reorder or rotate a 2D symbol once it's placed in the figure.

The only work arounds I can think of are to either use 3D arrows (if this can be made to work for you) or add the same arrow to the library multiple times at different angles.

I would also suggest creating an idea for a few enhancements to 2D symbols.

Thanks

Adrian

Hello Adrian,

I have already added a lot of 3D arrows to the 3D library. But 3D arrows are not as black as I would like because they are spatially shaded.

Ramon_Bohne_0-1683543182280.png

I have added the idea to the "Ideas" section.

Maybe someone else will share his/her procedure to deal with this topic?

Thanks and best regards

Ramon

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:Ramon_Bohne)

The issue with black arrows is connected to the render mode you're using (White Shaded). Check if you're fine using "Shaded with edges".

Top Tags