cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Impossible to select edge and center entities in Creo View

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Impossible to select edge and center entities in Creo View

Hello everyone,

i'm trying to take a measure in Creoview but is impossible to select the edges.

The selcection is possible only onsurfaces but i have need to take a measure from center to center(image 1).

The file output is a pvz generated from Creo illustrate or native solidworks (0457033.zip).

Is there any set to do this?

PS: I'm using Creo view MCAD

ty,Matteo

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Matteo_1987,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry
Like the product and version details. It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,
Vivek N
Community Moderation Team

Hello  vnambooheri , attached to my question is the image of the measurement I'm trying to take (center-center) and also the solidworks file that I opened from creo view.
I'll add two more here:

In this image you can see that the centers are not displayed/proposed. The file is a Solidworks 2022 opened with Creo View 10

Edges, known points that are usually recognized with these files cannot be seen or selected. I can select only surfaces.

Matteo_1987_0-1701376603465.png

In this last image, however, the normal result of a selection showing known edges and points including the center taken from a Creo Parametric object also opened with Creo View.

Matteo_1987_1-1701377024413.png

Matteo.

Top Tags