cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

CFD Analysis for Large Family Table

The_Spy
4-Participant

CFD Analysis for Large Family Table

Hi everyone,

I am facing an exciting challenge and am hoping to find some expert opinions here.

I have a comprehensive family table with over a thousand different parts and want to identify the optimal part from this collection. My idea is to conduct a CFD analysis to determine the best results.

My question is: Is it possible to perform a CFD analysis for such a family table? Can the entire analysis be precomputed so that, in the end, I only need to go through the results? I understand that the interpretation of the results ultimately lies with the viewer, but it would be great if the analysis process could be automated to identify the best parts more quickly and efficiently. 

I am using Creo 10 for this task.

Has anyone here conducted a similar analysis or can offer tips on how to approach this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Spy
4-Participant
(To:ProFeature)

Hi @ProFeature ,

you are absolutely right. Your suggestion led me to discover a video that can solve this exact problem: "Creo Flow Analysis & Behavioral Modeling Extension Integration | Creo 9."

Here is the link to the video: Creo Flow Analysis & Behavioral Modeling Extension Integration | Creo 9 .

With the Behavioral Modeling Extension (BMX), all necessary calculations can be performed effectively. It appears that these BMX studies with flow analysis are only integrated starting from Creo 9.

Regards,
Spy 🙂

View solution in original post

Creo 9 now integrates Creo Flow Analysis with Creo Behavioral Modeling Extension. Creo Flow Analysis parameters can be measured during a study and used during sensitivity and optimization studies. This puts Behavioral Modeling on the Flow Analysis ribbon. Select your desired input/output ...
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @RH_10454128

Thank you for your question. 

It appears your post is well documented , but I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Regards,

Vivek N

Community Moderation Team.

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine
(To:The_Spy)

Hi @The_Spy 

Why are you interested in CFD when geometric analysis cannot provide an answer?

Thanks

The_Spy
4-Participant

Hi @ProFeature,

I designed a connector piece from a 100mm pipe to a 125mm pipe with an inner core. I then created a family table to test various versions, as the flow is expected to detach at an alpha of over 10°. Initially, this is a rather simple part and, since only air flows through it, it does not need to withstand enormous stresses. My primary goal is to get an introduction to CFD analysis.

Thanks 🙂

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine

Hi @The_Spy 

Why are you using a family table instead of BMX (desgin study)?

ProFeature_0-1720020865390.png

With BMX you can get all the calculations you need graphically or export to Excel.

The_Spy
4-Participant

Hi @ProFeature ,

you are absolutely right. Your suggestion led me to discover a video that can solve this exact problem: "Creo Flow Analysis & Behavioral Modeling Extension Integration | Creo 9."

Here is the link to the video: Creo Flow Analysis & Behavioral Modeling Extension Integration | Creo 9 .

With the Behavioral Modeling Extension (BMX), all necessary calculations can be performed effectively. It appears that these BMX studies with flow analysis are only integrated starting from Creo 9.

Regards,
Spy 🙂

Creo 9 now integrates Creo Flow Analysis with Creo Behavioral Modeling Extension. Creo Flow Analysis parameters can be measured during a study and used during sensitivity and optimization studies. This puts Behavioral Modeling on the Flow Analysis ribbon. Select your desired input/output ...
ProFeature
13-Aquamarine

Good luck @The_Spy 

Top Tags