cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Creo simulate pipe bending simulation with large deformation

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst

Creo simulate pipe bending simulation with large deformation

Hello, i'm trying to create simulation of pipe bending but didn't find the way to create movement along trajectory. Is there any way to create translation along trajectory?

Trajectory is shown on the image below(green arc)

ilyachaban_0-1688108494606.png

Thanks in advance for any tips.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you are right but not completely right. To use this functionality in creo i've spended around 2 hours trying to understand why simulatian fails at the beginning. 

Sin function works just fine. But cosine function starts from 1 and for static simulation it is impossible to converge when initial deformation at timestep 0 is one. So you have to define table for cosine function that will start it from time 0 deformation 0 and than suddenly from timestep 0.00001 jump to deformation 1. Only in this case my simulation started to work.

ilyachaban_0-1688359889200.png

ilyachaban_1-1688359953550.png

Thank you for your answer. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You could define it by a function / table of coordinates. My example controls a separate point constraint for Y from the one for X. Some tricks would need to be done to connect the constraints to your geometry.

Also, what would be forcing this to follow the curve? It seems to me that just a force is applied to the end of the pipe, not an enforcement to follow that arc. If there is a tool forcing it, that pivots at the arc center then including the tool and giving it a rotational displacement could work as well. (like a hook pushing the pipe around the roller)

Sweetpeahubold_0-1688153365126.png

Sweetpeahubold_1-1688153517463.png

Yes, you are right but not completely right. To use this functionality in creo i've spended around 2 hours trying to understand why simulatian fails at the beginning. 

Sin function works just fine. But cosine function starts from 1 and for static simulation it is impossible to converge when initial deformation at timestep 0 is one. So you have to define table for cosine function that will start it from time 0 deformation 0 and than suddenly from timestep 0.00001 jump to deformation 1. Only in this case my simulation started to work.

ilyachaban_0-1688359889200.png

ilyachaban_1-1688359953550.png

Thank you for your answer. 

Top Tags