Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbortext Editor 7.1 create PDF Error: failed to create input directory e3comp

Level 9

Arbortext Editor 7.1 create PDF Error: failed to create input directory e3comp

We have recently been upgraded to Windows 10.

User is trying to create a pdf of a dita document (which he has done in the past). Since last week he gets the following error:

ERROR: Failed to create input directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\e3comp\input5. FATAL ERROR: Operation Terminated.

I realized that he did not have the e3comp folder. So initially I re-created the folder e3comp and this seemed to resolved the issue for a few days. He is now getting the same error again (as well as a few other users).

Is it possible that something has changed on PE? If so, can someone provide some guidance as to how I can resolve this issue?

Why is the e3comp folder deleted and why is it not being re-created?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: Arbortext Editor 7.1 create PDF Error: failed to create input directory e3comp

I think this might be one for PTC Support. Firstly, the error message you have "shouldn't happen". The user should have always write access to their %LOCALAPPDATA% Temp folder, that's the whole reason for that folder's existence. The "e3temp" folder should be automatically created by Arbortext. Arbortext may also delete it too. You could try manually updating permissions on the Temp folder, or deleting it entirely and have the user log out and back in. I'm not sure Windows 10 or PE are to blame.