cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Did we lose this functionality over the weekend? I noticed that all the modeling questions were green instead of grey. Then after reading those since Friday and refreshing, they stayed green and were not grey.

Also, the scroll bar disappears after awhile and you have to move the mouse to "wake it up" before you can scroll with the middle mouse button.

I tried to add this to anther discussion, but could not find a reply button:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Finally-Mark-as-read-is-available/m-p/475449#M72

Also, replied to one in a Mathcad board not realizing in was in Mathcad (because here is a related topic popped up and I clicked on it not know it was bringing me to a different board).

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/New-Posts-mark-read-unread/m-p/128701#M50661

Thanks, Dale

22 REPLIES 22
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I notice a subtle, but (with some effort) distinguishable colour difference for the balloon icons that appear to the left of the entries.

LM_20180122_Balloon.png

Notice how three of them are grey-ish. One is bordeaux-red.

The meaning is elusive (yet).

Luc

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

How did you put the picture in? Snipping tool doesn't seem to work for me.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You have to save the image as a file, then use the photos button to add a picture in the body of the post.

photo.jpg

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

So they haven't restored cut and paste yet? I thought I had seen a post where that functionality was restored.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You must have been dreaming...

The forum has lost a great deal of functionality since its move to Lithium.

Not being able to cut and paste pictures in is one of the larger missing features.

Luc

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Hi, "cut and paste" is a customization request that I got funding approval for 🙂  Coming soon!  Boy, will that make all our lives easier!

I don't have an answer for the intermittent behavior issues.  Thank you for bringing to our attention.  I will send it in for review.  

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Jaime_Lee)

That is fantastic news Jaime!  Thank you!

It will be great to have this functionality back, as it really limits posts and replies.  As far as Jive goes, I think I was able to cut/paste in IE, but not in Chrome...then of course neither work in Lithium.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
StephenW
23-Emerald II

No cut and paste. To be complete, Toby didn't know we could cut and paste on Jive. Whichever browser (at least I think it was the browser) he was using didn't let you cut and paste either. He was surprised when we complained about the lost cut and paste functionality.

I *think* he asked lithium and is was not part of their current functionality. (this is from memory but I think it was something like that)

wrote:

So they haven't restored cut and paste yet? I thought I had seen a post where that functionality was restored.

Unfortunately thats just wishful thinking 😞

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I had to re-read the meaning is elusive because I went and read the post an it was still red.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Must have been a limited time offer - or while supplies last  Smiley Wink   :

TwilightZone.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I tried to add this to anther discussion, but could not find a reply button:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Finally-Mark-as-read-is-available/m-p/475449#M72

The entire Welcome & How-To's board has been locked by the community admin.  No new topics can be started and no comments can be added.  Unfortunately this means any discussion or questions about those topics has to be asked somewhere else.

And why is there a difference between IE and Chrome in the look of the site?

IEvsChrome.jpg

Hi Dale,
same behavior for me.

IE and Firefox are okay while Chrome started to look like in your image at the end of last week.

Marco
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Marco_Tosin)

I opened and logged in to all three browsers for the screen grab.

Firefox is the only one showing the user images.

three browsers.jpg

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Funny thing is I am using IE V11 and it is showing user images.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Now after that post, it has gone back - really weird.TwilightZone2.JPG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

IE 11 has gone back to seeing the user images...times are changing!!!

Seems we now have multiple personalities.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Does anyone have a scorecard so I can keep up with the changes.   Smiley Very Happy

Today all seems working well.

Marco
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

@Jaime_Lee - any thoughts or updates on this intermittent behavior?

Top Tags