cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad 14 License Server Error

pteakle
4-Participant

Mathcad 14 License Server Error

I am installing Mathcad 14 from my installation DVD on a new PC. All went well except towards the end a window says, "The wizard is now contacting the PTC licensing server to obtain your license automatically. This may take a few moments." Then another window pops up saying, "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden." What do I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pteakle
4-Participant
(To:pteakle)

The solution was on the PTC Community page - how to transfer a Mathcad license to a new computer. All I had to do was fill out a form and the new license file was automatically emailed to me in a few minutes. I ran the licensing wizard, pointed it to the saved license file, and I'm happily up and running! The solution is here: 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Transferring-Mathcad-Single-User-or-Student-license-from-an/ta-p/819143#M1600

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You contact PTC support and ask if they can help you. PTC no longer sells Mathcad (1....15) or Prime (1....6) and support, if at all, is limited to customers with an indefinite license.

Success!

Luc

pteakle
4-Participant

The solution was on the PTC Community page - how to transfer a Mathcad license to a new computer. All I had to do was fill out a form and the new license file was automatically emailed to me in a few minutes. I ran the licensing wizard, pointed it to the saved license file, and I'm happily up and running! The solution is here: 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Transferring-Mathcad-Single-User-or-Student-license-from-an/ta-p/819143#M1600

Top Tags