cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad 14 on Windows 11

OH_7817447
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 on Windows 11

I can not install my Mathcad 14 on my new PC laptop with Windows 11. Please help. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's either a Windows 11 thing (and Mathcad 14 isn't certified for Windows 10, either), or it's the fact that Mathcad 14 is end-of-saled as of December 31, 2021. Depends on the details.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

1Here's a quote: "All I can really officially say is that PTC hasn't certified any Mathcad product for Windows 11, so any possible issues is just a risk", link - "Running Mathcad with Windows 11": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Running-Mathcad-with-Windows-11/m-p/748259/highlight/true#M...

2. What happens on your screen during installation?

It's either a Windows 11 thing (and Mathcad 14 isn't certified for Windows 10, either), or it's the fact that Mathcad 14 is end-of-saled as of December 31, 2021. Depends on the details.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Thank you for your responses. 

Finally, I succeeded to install the Mathcad 14 on my new laptop running windows 11 by installing the needed utilities:

-Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

-MSXML 4.0

But now at the end of the Mathcad License Setup, I am asked for a license file to be obtained from PTC License Management by email. 

I have been trying to contact the PTC License Management by email and phone, but no luck yet. 

If any of the PTC support team can read this thread, please help. Thank you!

Hi, I also have Mathcad  14 (previously purchased) which I am also trying to install on my Win 11 machine. On installation I was directed to the Microsoft site where it installed Framework 3.5, which is more recent. A number of files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\... such as vsodbdor.ocx, vsimgr.ocx, glr.dll, buttonr.ocx, "failed to register". Do you have any suggestions?

I would have had a previous registration with PTC, but that was set up many years ago and will be on a historic computer {so unobtainable). I followed PTCs instructions and re-registered as "Basic". This worked and may overcome your registration problem.

At present, the operation is quite patchy, Symbolic (Maple) works OK but the MathCad counter structures J:=0,1;20 do not assign at all, so the current installation is not very effective for real maths calculations.

The reason for this re-installation is that I have recently retired and therefore the commercial driver (and deep pockets) is no longer the key driver. 

I presume that there are service pack upgrades are available somewhere, but that will be a later problem.

Any help with these issues will be welcome.

David

Certain versions of Mathcad require specific versions of Ms .NET Framework to be installed. You should realise that a 'newer' version of the Framework does not contain/replace all functionality of a predecessor, several versions (must/will) co-exist on your PC. Check in the requirements what Mathcad 14 needs (.NET, MSXML and MDAC) and be sure it is installed.

Success!
Luc

Hi Luc,

Having failed first time, I uninstalled and re-installed the software. This seems to have cured the problem so far and the software appears to work. (the bad software joke is true after all 🙂 .

David

Top Tags