cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded chromium_browser display issue with Windows 10 scale larger than 100%

Moonstone

Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded chromium_browser display issue with Windows 10 scale larger than 100%

The issue is an erractic display in the embedded browser. See below for more detail and some screenshots.

This is a 100% reproducible issue as follows:

• Creo Parametric 4.0 M010-M030
    • haven't tried F000
    • This is not an issue with Creo Parametric 3.0
  • config.pro option windows_browser_type chromium_browser
    • This is not an issue when using ie_browser
  • Windows 10
    • have tried both version 1511 and 1703
    • Windows 7 doesn't have this issue.
  • Windows Scale and Layout set to something larger than 100%
    • common on higher resolution (> 1920 x 1200/1080) monitors to set this larger than 100%
    • 150% is common on a 4k monitor
    • windows_scale.png

With the above setup the embedded browser contains fuzzy content. Looks the same as zoomming greater than 100% on an image in an image viewer. Looks like this:

browser-01.png

Then as soon as you move your mouse inside the browser window and interact with something like a link or icon the content re-scales itself into the upper lh corner of the browser window as shown here. I have highlighted with yellow the new rh edge of the browser window. You can see the previous content to the right of the "new" view.

browser-02.png

I have reproduced this on the following hardware all with Nvidia graphics of various flavors:

• Dell M6800 laptop
    • Windows 10 1703
    • using only laptop monitor running at 1920x1080 and 125% scale
    • using both laptop monitor and a larger 2nd monitor hooked via display port
  • Gruman
    • Windows 10 1703
    • 2 identical 4k monitors running at 125% scale
  • Sun Ultra 27
    • Windows 10 1511
    • Windows scale at 125%

I have opened a call with PTC but wanted to check to see if anybody else is experiencing this issue or maybe has found a resolution for it.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded chromium_browser display issue with Windows 10 scale larger than 10

Another reason to miss Display Postscript. Also, the potential of SVG.

Re: Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded chromium_browser display issue with Windows 10 scale larger than 10

@dschenken wrote:

Another reason to miss Display Postscript.

Old memories there. Early 1990's running Sun OpenWindows on SPARCStations. SPARCStation 1, SPARCStation 1+, SPARCStation 2, and SPARCStation 10 hardware.

I noticed the subject has been truncated turning "100%" into "10".

Subject should be:

Re: Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded chromium_browser display issue with Windows 10 scale larger than 100%

I have a work around for this issue. See PTC article CS265134:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS265134

Using this workaround I have tried the following:

• disable scaling on Parametric/bin/parametric.exe
    • embedded browser works properly
    • text size as expected in embedded browser
  • disable scaling on Platform/4/zbcefr.exe
    • text size is small in embedded browser
  • disable scaling on Agent/creoagent.exe
    • text size as expected in embedded browser

Hi, we have the same problem.

Windchill Chromium embedded browser has lot of graphic glitch using Windows 10 Scaling with a 4K resolution.

This workaround solves graphic glitches but the Windchill embedded browser shows very small characters because use the default 100% scaling.

With such small characters it is impossible to use the application.

(We encountered whis problem with different NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards and with different Workstations)

Announcements