cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to switch license to new license server? I have problem to switch license from existing Creo 2.0 client laptop.. Please help

booi
1-Newbie

How to switch license to new license server? I have problem to switch license from existing Creo 2.0 client laptop.. Please help

Old license at 7788@xxxxx not longer valid, how can I change this to new target directory? Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:booi)

Hi,

If you have new license server up and running, reconfigure Creo to get the license from new server.

Option 1:

1. Run reconfigure Creo 2.0 by executing reconfigure.exe from Creo 2.0 installation\parametric\bin

2. Under License Summary define the server name as 7788@new_server_name (for license from server)

Option 2:

1. Open PSF file from Creo 2.0 installation\parametric\bin in notepad

2. Change name of old server > Save the file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:booi)

Hi,

If you have new license server up and running, reconfigure Creo to get the license from new server.

Option 1:

1. Run reconfigure Creo 2.0 by executing reconfigure.exe from Creo 2.0 installation\parametric\bin

2. Under License Summary define the server name as 7788@new_server_name (for license from server)

Option 2:

1. Open PSF file from Creo 2.0 installation\parametric\bin in notepad

2. Change name of old server > Save the file.

Benjamin,

Does my reply to this post help you to correct the error? If yes, you may mark that as correct answer.

Thanks. I got another big problem that my company IT change my host name without my knowledge and now I got to go back Creo local support to uninstall my current license. 

I think you should update your option 2 solution to state that you open the 

"PARAMETRIC.PSF" file...as opposed to the PSF file.

thanks,

Top Tags