cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

FactoryTalk Historian Connector

joetenny
4-Participant

FactoryTalk Historian Connector

We were able to successfully connect between ThingWorx and the FT Historian Connector using an Industrial Connection inside of ThingWorx.  However, when we attempt to Discover Tags, the tag addresses are showing on the left hand side of the page, but no tag values are showing.  So far we can't find anything in the Logs that would point us to the issue.  Has anyone else run into this issue or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joetenny
4-Participant
(To:VladimirRosu)

Thank you Vladimir for your response.  Unfortunately, I did a poor job of explaining my issue.  I shouldn't have used Tag Addresses and Tag Values in my description.  I have the hierarchy list in the left-hand table but do not have any values show up in the right-hand table (i.e. - Tag Name, Description, Industrial Data Type).  I spoke with Rockwell Support and they helped me understand that for the Industrial Connection (Web Socket) with ThingWorx, you have to add your tags to the AssetFramework to make the Tag Name, Description, Industrial Data Types visible on the Discover page and to be able to use the FT Historian Extensions as well.  This means that we will need to go back to our Historian and add the tags into the AssetFramework.

joetenny_0-1672757810877.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I haven't used the FT Historian Connector, but I caught a glimpse of the fact you used the Industrial Connection in ThingWorx.

If that behaves in the case of the FT Historian the same as in the case of Kepware, then what you described is expected, because in the Discover tab you do not see the Tag values. Below is a screenshot from my Kepware Industrial Connector that shows this tab, and as you can see, there's no value there.

You will be able to see values only when binding to a Thing, then going to its Properties and checking there the tag value.

VladimirRosu_0-1671611065611.png

joetenny
4-Participant
(To:VladimirRosu)

Thank you Vladimir for your response.  Unfortunately, I did a poor job of explaining my issue.  I shouldn't have used Tag Addresses and Tag Values in my description.  I have the hierarchy list in the left-hand table but do not have any values show up in the right-hand table (i.e. - Tag Name, Description, Industrial Data Type).  I spoke with Rockwell Support and they helped me understand that for the Industrial Connection (Web Socket) with ThingWorx, you have to add your tags to the AssetFramework to make the Tag Name, Description, Industrial Data Types visible on the Discover page and to be able to use the FT Historian Extensions as well.  This means that we will need to go back to our Historian and add the tags into the AssetFramework.

joetenny_0-1672757810877.png

Another important part of the configuration is the application key, this needs a username reference that has “Administrator’s privilege”.

Top Tags