cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Connection between ThingWorx and Vuforia Studio

JelleB
5-Regular Member

Connection between ThingWorx and Vuforia Studio

Hello everyone

For my final project i have to use real time data in Vuforia Studio. I know i have to convert this data from the Thingworx platform but not how. In the first link below i read that the same URL for Vuforia Studio and thingworx is mandatory. I have two different URL's and it is not possible to use one of my URL's for both programs. Can I still make the connection between the two programmes with two URL's and how?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Can-t-create-Thing-in-Composer-associated-with-Vuforia-Studio/m-p/557690

Another link told me that a connection between the two programmes can be made by downloading Vuforia Experience Server and to download the application of Thingworx. I use the URL link in google chrome to connect with Thingworx not the application at the moment. Does this mean that it is not necessairy to follow the steps in the link and to follow the solution on my first question? Or is there another solution?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/How-to-connect-Thingworx-platform-with-Vuforia-Studio/td-p/657924

Augmented reality is a new thing for me so I hope the questions are a bit clear. 

Thank you for the support.

Greetings

Jelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:JelleB)

Hello,

Vuforia Studio is a client software to develop Experiences.

Vuforia Studio cannot work at standalone.

It is necessary to have a server or servers who hosts Vuforia Experience Service.

Vuforia Experience Service is a server who stores Experiences published from Vuforia Studio.

It help to manage connections of used with ThingWorx.

When installaling Vuforia Experience Service, it is mandatory to have a ThingWorx server.

ThingWorx server will manage end users accounts and all IoT stuff.

Like Things, Properties and Services who can be accessed directly in Vuforia Studio.

At the end, Vuforia View is a client app on mobile who connects to Vuforia Experience Service to download Experiences and to interact with ThingWorx Thing accessed in the Experience.

At PTC Cloud or with Trial, Vuforia Experience Service and ThingWorx are always provided in these environments.

In on premise, it is needed to install both.

They can be on the same server or not ; it doesn't change the behavior at all.

Best regards,

Samuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In short, Vuforia Studio acquire live data from Thingworx via DataPane\External Data.

However,  few question needed  to be answered:

• 2 Differeent URL for Vuforia Studio and Thingworx, trial license?
  • Could Thingworx get live data?
  • Does the Thingworx server has Experience Service?

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:JelleB)

Hello,

Vuforia Studio is a client software to develop Experiences.

Vuforia Studio cannot work at standalone.

It is necessary to have a server or servers who hosts Vuforia Experience Service.

Vuforia Experience Service is a server who stores Experiences published from Vuforia Studio.

It help to manage connections of used with ThingWorx.

When installaling Vuforia Experience Service, it is mandatory to have a ThingWorx server.

ThingWorx server will manage end users accounts and all IoT stuff.

Like Things, Properties and Services who can be accessed directly in Vuforia Studio.

At the end, Vuforia View is a client app on mobile who connects to Vuforia Experience Service to download Experiences and to interact with ThingWorx Thing accessed in the Experience.

At PTC Cloud or with Trial, Vuforia Experience Service and ThingWorx are always provided in these environments.

In on premise, it is needed to install both.

They can be on the same server or not ; it doesn't change the behavior at all.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags