Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"CAD part is not unique"

"CAD part is not unique"

Hi

We have more than 20,000 library parts, out of that 15,000 part successfully moved into windchill library folder .

The remaining 5000 parts when I am moving to windchill from local drive, it is showing "CAD Part is not unique".

Because of this issue , we were not able to upload the assembly .

Windchill implementation team working on this issue last one month but still not able to find the root cause.

Note:Those 5000 parts are not present anywhere inside windchill.

18 REPLIES 18

Re: "CAD part is not unique"

Hi,

Are you sure it is not just an issue of part's name or file's number ? I've already got this message when file's name or part's number is existing in the library (associate with another part).

No,It is not exist in the library.

How did you moved your data? By import manager?

From creo parametric , launch Internet explorer and select tools(workspace) - import to workspace - select all the model-ok.

Try this:

1. Clear your workspace

2. Open your model from local drive

3. Press "Save and upnload" (in Creo). It will upload your model to the workspace.

4. Press "Check in" (in Creo).

That option tried already , not solved.

Windchill is telling you the truth - that the CAD part is not unique.

It is most likely not unique because it is already in the Windchill database.

It may not show you where it is already because you may not have permission to see it.

It may also be because it is an instance in the parts you are trying to upload, so you don't see it from the list of filenames.

The last reason is the Windchill database is completely corrupted and you need to hire someone with specialized knowledge to find out what happened.

The last reason is very unlikely.

See if you have permissions to see all the files in all the folders in Commonspace and try one file at a time to see exactly what records are being created.

I have discussed with Windchill implementation team they have told they are developing toolkit & j-link to solve this issue ?

I have no idea about toolkit & j-link ,if some one knows pls explain ?

Toolkit and J-Link are APIs. These are software descriptions of how Creo works. I think Toolkit is for the C programming language and I am certain that J-Link is for the Java programming language.

You need to ask the Windchill implementation team what the software they are writing is for.

Who does the Windchill implementation team work for?