cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Small toolbar icons on laptop

AS_10404351
4-Participant

Small toolbar icons on laptop

Hello,

On PTC Arbortext Editor, I have small toolbar icons that are to hard to read when i work from home on my laptop.  

AS_10404351_0-1704203236116.pngAS_10404351_1-1704203266006.png

Anyone know how to make them proportional to the screen I am working on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh! I'm glad that worked 🙂 Instead of boosting the scaling for the whole of your Windows, I think you can also boost the scaling just for Arbortext individually.

1. Return your Windows scaling settings to normal (Arbortext is small again)
  2. Next, find Arbortext editor.exe in the Windows Explorer and right-click it
  3. From the Properties dialog, select the Compatibility tab
  4. From the Compatibility tab, click button "Change high DPI settings"
  5. From that popup dialog box you now have some settings to fiddle with

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure that Arbortext itself has a scaling option for the window UI elements. However, you can force Windows itself to scale up all the windows (including Arbortext). If you head to Display settings in Windows 10 or 11 you will find a "Scale" option which is set by percentage. You could try 150% or 200% to see if that helps?

BTW, there was a "product idea" lodged for this issue but it looks like it didn't go anywhere: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Arbortext-Ideas/Make-Arbortext-compatible-with-high-density-4K-monitors/idi-p/682000

Thanks, I am at 400% now, ridiculously large, but the icons are normal. Much appreciated.

Oh! I'm glad that worked 🙂 Instead of boosting the scaling for the whole of your Windows, I think you can also boost the scaling just for Arbortext individually.

1. Return your Windows scaling settings to normal (Arbortext is small again)
  2. Next, find Arbortext editor.exe in the Windows Explorer and right-click it
  3. From the Properties dialog, select the Compatibility tab
  4. From the Compatibility tab, click button "Change high DPI settings"
  5. From that popup dialog box you now have some settings to fiddle with
Top Tags