cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

I (student) can't license Mathcad at home, need help asap

PP_10071687
4-Participant

I (student) can't license Mathcad at home, need help asap

Good evening,

I am having problems licensing my Mathcad 9! I am a student at a university in Austria, computer science branch, and got a product key from my teacher. I redeemed it at school, where everything still worked and I could use Mathcad 9 without any problems.

But when I wanted to do my homework at home, my software was unlicensed. I tried to re-license it with my user + password + product key (the same one I used at school) and with the license file that was sent to me when I licensed myself at school. However, neither of these worked.

When I want to activate my key at home with user, password, and license key I get this error (see picture in the attachment).

When I am back at school and connected to the school wifi, I can select my license file and use Mathcad 9 normally.

Kind regards,

Philip

3 REPLIES 3

You can find the answer for this issue in the following thread earlier - "Reached the maximum number of license request": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Reached-the-maximum-number-of-license-request/td-p/704852

PP_10071687
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for your quick reply but I have already tried that. I get the same error message and no email. See attachment

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:PP_10071687)

Looks like software is getting its licence from a server at the uni. For it still to work from home you will need to connect to your uni via VPN for the same licence to work. That's how my work laptop is set up. BUT depending on your licence you may also be able to get a home user licence for free as part of the licensing arrangement, This setup allows me to licence a private home PC for mathcad. 

Top Tags