cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Thingworx Foundation with PostgreSQL 9.1 fails on Windows Server 2019 deleting all folders

O.R.Natale
7-Bedrock

Thingworx Foundation with PostgreSQL 9.1 fails on Windows Server 2019 deleting all folders

Hello everyone,

Installation of ThingworxWorxFoundationPostgres-9.1.0.-x64 fails with the message: "There has been an error. An error occurred during installation. For more information review the log files. Clicking ok will stop the current installation. The application will exit now".

This message appears at final "Waiting..." step after a while.

Operating System is Windows Server 2019
Java AWS Corretto version is: "openJDK version 11.0.8" 
PostgresSQL version is 14.1.1
Installation folder: C:\ThingWorxFoundation

After the error message, all Thingworx folders are deleted with no possibility to check the log.
I followed this:
But changing the server language did not improve the issue.

I managed to get the log (see pdf attached). I've taken this log before the error message appears, so the final message could not be present. After the error message, before hitting the OK button, all folders are deleted.

What I'm missing?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @slangley ,

I opened a ticket with PTC support.

The issue was solved in two steps:

1. During the installation, I was asked to untick the configuration of the security certificate. This caused installation to proceed smoothly to the end.
  2. I was guided to configure the security settings after the installation.

It looks like this is a known bug of the installer

Thank you very much for your suppor, cheers,

Riccardo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Some helpful articles:

Earlier questions about this error:

JAVA_HOME and java path to bin are set correctly.

I managed to take the logs from the C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\2\ThingWorxFoundation_Failed_installs and are attached.

I didn't find in the logs errors cited in the articles you suggested.

Send your logs to technical support - "Case Logger": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/case-logger 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:O.R.Natale)

Hi @ON_9156541.

I would start by checking this page to verify that you are running supported versions of Windows, PostgreSQL, and java.  When you ran the installer, did you run it as Administrator?

When a rollback occurs, the installation log can be found here:   C:\Users\<LoggedInUser>\AppData\Local\Temp\ThingWorxFoundation_Failed_installs\

Please verify the above, and if still having issues, please forward the installation log.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello @slangley ,

I opened a ticket with PTC support.

The issue was solved in two steps:

1. During the installation, I was asked to untick the configuration of the security certificate. This caused installation to proceed smoothly to the end.
  2. I was guided to configure the security settings after the installation.

It looks like this is a known bug of the installer

Thank you very much for your suppor, cheers,

Riccardo.

Top Tags